Thursday, February 19, 2009

U-Blog 3

On the Felder-Silverman model, I come out as equally balanced between active and reflective, sensing and intuitive, sequential and global. The only exception to this rule of equal balance is that I lean very strongly towards verbal, as opposed to visual.

This makes sense to me, as I enjoy reading and am skilled at writing. I struggle at reading maps and drawing. I suppose I talk a lot too!

On the Learning Styles Inventory, which I'm guessing is a variation of the Multiple Intelligence, I scored most strongly on Solitary, followed by Verbal and Aural (hearing). So, I prefer to work alone, use words, and hear things.

I do prefer to study alone. In a work enviornment I enjoy being a leader. I have an active social life, but I also like to spend time alone- reading and writing, being verbal. I take notes in class, and I study by copying them over. I live for music; I'm a singer and I always have music playing in my car, at home, walking to class.

So I guess there *is* something to these learning styles. I'm still not convinced they can solve all my learning issues though.

No comments:

Post a Comment